I feel like I’m waking up from a dream. Groggy, but becoming more focused by the minute.
I’ve missed writing. I’ve missed regular days. I’m exhausted. But equilibrium’s returning. Tomorrow, I begin again after leaving behind another marker between another before and after.
Things I was reminded of:
- Never doubt my gut instincts. N.E.V.E.R.
- When I tuck a piece of information in the back of my head, that usually means this person/event isn’t for me (and I was right, again)
- Some people are, and apparently will always remain, assholes
- That I can keep my opinion to myself for a long time, but when something/someone else is at stake, all bets are off (sub-relearn: my backbone is exactly where I left it)
- That in the midst of shit (especially right after people who are supposedly the ones who love the most are shit) there are angels parading as people and for reasons like that, I never lose my beautiful view of the world
- That tomorrow comes and I can hold on/hang on/DEAL and HANDLE a lot better than I thought I might (since the last time I faced a similar emergency situation).
After one day last weekend (and a couple days after) cleaning up after insensitive people, then a few days dealing with an emergency situation, I “awakened” to see the buds that weren’t bloomed before are now bursting with spring color. A nice gift to counterbalance the struggle, the obstacles, and the other unpleasantries of life.
Returning to normal this week… I’m grateful.